We are currently immersed in an accelerated and convulsive life, which affects us greatly by having to live always altered with a nervous breakdown that attacks us to the point of not being able to fall asleep. In this article we will review what a nervous breakdown is, how to prevent it from affecting us, ways to relieve stress, conditions to put a person with a nervous breakdown to sleep, biblical passages of spiritual guidance to avoid the crisis and an example of a prayer to put to sleep to a person having a nervous breakdown.
What is prayer to put a distressed person to sleep?
It is the word that is given from the heart to a person to help him, in his anguish for finding himself in a stressful situation and that he is in need of a helping hand to get up and continue with the tasks of his daily life and fulfill his obligations in an enthusiastic way. and responsible.
In this type of prayer to put a person with nervous problems to sleep and rest, he is invited to allow himself to be guided towards that rest so that he replenishes his strength and spirits and through conciliatory terms of encouragement he is consoled and comforted.
Always when doing this type of prayer, the intercession of the Holy Spirit is first requested, who is the energy that encourages us, moves us and helps us find the right words to alleviate the pain of the needy.
In such a way that the one who performs the prayer to put the distressed person to sleep becomes the instrument of God, through the Holy Spirit, to provide the restorative sleep that the person requires.
In prayer we must tell God in our own words what the person is going through and suffering.
We indicate his burden, his anguish pointing out the reason that generates it and, finally, we ask the Lord to help him with his problem.
Of course, if you have a partner, this should also be the place for your intimacy with her, otherwise, use the bed only to sleep and rest.
The most important thing that must be taken into consideration and strive to achieve is that the person must rest, must sleep well, for which the first step to follow is to create the environment and the right moment to be able to pray.
In this sense, it is required to comply with certain steps to pray, which are:
- Establish a schedule : The person must establish a fixed time to sleep and get used to that schedule.
- Setting the bedroom : It is important that it be a comfortable, comfortable, pleasant and as calm as possible space. A messy room does not invite sleep and it will be very difficult to reconcile it by tossing and turning in bed.
- The bed: It is suggested, according to the recommendations of the experts, to use the bed only to sleep, not to read, watch television, chat, and much less work. It must be the place that when we see it or think about it we immediately associate it with rest.
- Appropriate clothing : wear the most comfortable so that you can move easily and adopt any position, of course according to the weather.
- The nap: Experts do not advise taking long naps, so that when the scheduled time to sleep arrives, you will be sleepy.
- Dinner : Avoid eating heavy foods before bed. You should eat small amounts, be a light meal, which can be yogurt, vegetable salad, fruit, natural juices, or warm milk. Do not drink soft drinks, energy drinks or alcohol. Don’t eat anything at midnight.
- Stimulants : Avoid drinking coffee, chocolate, sweets in excess. Cigarettes are not recommended either, as they inhibit sleep.
- Tranquility : Avoid remembering moments of tension and conflict. You have to concentrate on the night and on the rest that you should have, since it is the right time to carry it out fully.
- Sleep eight hours : It is the most recommended period of time to achieve a complete rest. However, if you do not sleep that many hours, it is not a problem, since the ideal thing is that you can sleep the time that the body needs to rest. What is essential is quality, not quantity.
The Bible contemplates various verses that lead us to calm, to avoid anguish, to rest in God and to trust that He comes to the aid of those who humbly ask for it. It is also proposed to pray to release anguish to be able to move forward with new energy.
These are the passages that we should read to people with nervous breakdowns to inspire them in the Word of God and follow his instructions on rest so that they can do it and obtain calm for their situation.
- Psalm 13:5 and 62:8: There you are invited to pray to God to release anguish.
- 1 Peter 5:7: It is an invitation to unburden ourselves in Him in difficult and sorrowful moments.
- 2 Corinthians 11:28; Proverbs 17:17: It is pointed out that by caring for others we can alleviate our worries and tensions.
- Exodus 16, 25: There Moses tells us about the sacred day for rest that must be taken for the glory of the Lord.
- Exodus 16, 29: Saturday is established as the day to rest and honor God.
- Leviticus 23, 3: This verse refers to the absolute rest that everyone should have after the work done.
- Matthew 6:25, 34: It tells us that we must concentrate on today’s problems and not worry about what may happen tomorrow, because we do not know it and we should worry.
- Proverbs 30:8: The verse says that we should be satisfied with what we have, which is the attitude that pleases God.
- Hebrews 13:5: Despite the many failures we may have in life, God will never fail us or disappoint those of us who trust in him.
- Joshua 1:9: We are encouraged to be strong and not give up, that we count on the Lord wherever.
- Isaiah 41:10: He reiterates what the Lord has always told us, that we should not be discouraged that He will always be with us.
- Timothy 1:7: It tells us that we have the Spirit of courage, love and control that God did not bequeath.
- John 16:33: It tells us about the peace we have by trusting God.
- Matthew 9:22: He encourages us just as he encouraged the sick woman he healed.
- Revelation 21:4: It speaks of everything bad passing away, that the pain will pass.
- Psalms 21:1: Refers to the protection that God gives his children, for which they should not fear.
- Psalms 42:5: In this verse we are told that we should not worry, just trust God.
- Isaiah 40:31: Points out that those who trust in God will have the necessary strength to continue without fatigue.
- Psalms 46:1: It tells us about the protection that God gives us and that he always helps us if we are in any problem or tribulation.
- Proverbs 3:26: It refers that God will always be by our side.
- Isaiah 43:2: It refers to the fact that at all times of our lives, in every vicissitude in which we find ourselves, He will always be there to encourage us.
- Nahum 1:7: It is a verse that tells us about the goodness of God and the care that He has for those who have their trust in Him.
- John 16:33: We are encouraged to be brave, for we will overcome.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8-9: It is a message of encouragement to follow, because even if we have problems, worries, persecutions, that does not mean defeat, God has not abandoned us, he is on our side.
See also about praying for a terminally ill
Example of a sentence to put a person with a nervous breakdown to sleep
Below we present a prayer model that can perfectly be used or adapted to the taste of the person who prays it or who receives it:
First of all, Lord Father, I ask your forgiveness for the faults I may have committed and that offended you.
I also want to thank you, Lord, because you give me a new opportunity to do things according to your Word
And because thanks to your mercy, I am healthy
Thank you, my God, for so many blessings towards me and mine
Holy Father, I want you to always have the well-being of my family, my house, my work
and that you watch day and night for them, for their well-being
At this time, I also come to you with the request to alleviate the pain you are going through (name person)
She is mired in a nervous breakdown that does not give her rest and does not allow her to sleep peacefully
I ask you, My Father, to put your healing mantle on her and give her the tranquility that her spirit sorely needs.
There are many burdens that she must bear to meet her loved ones, which torments her and does not give her rest.
I beg you to watch over her in the name of the most precious blood of your Beloved Son and grant her the wisdom and patience to resolve her situation.
Grant her the serenity to be able to move forward and solve the problems that afflict her.
Forgive me, Lord, for the mistakes she may have committed, I know she is sorry and needs you in these dark and difficult times for her.
Heed this plea that I make to you in her name, help her, help her, give her the peace that she requires and above all, bless her.Amen
What is nervous breakdown?
Experts point out that nervous breakdown, even though it is not a medical term and does not refer to a specific mental pathology, is a sudden and acute mental collapse or “sinking” in which the person is immersed and does not control their actions, or reactions.
It can cause depression or anxiety due to the stress in which the person lives, which is unable to function normally.
It is not, as we said, a disease literally speaking, but care and study are recommended as this may be indicative of a hidden mental health problem that needs attention.
Now, since stress is the trigger for the nervous breakdown, it is important to find out where that feeling comes from.
Hello! Let me enthusiastically introduce myself as a dedicated blogger fueled by an intense passion for meticulously crafting insightful and well-researched blogs. My mission revolves around providing you, dear readers, with a veritable treasure trove of invaluable information.